Sunday, September 21, 2008

Progress report

I noticed on the sign by the local public grade school that progress reports were already coming out this week. Seriously? It's only been a month! Anyway, I took this as a sign that I could do my own little report on what James has done in school.
James LOVES school. He loves it so much that every day I pick him up he tells me that he doesn't want to go home. Every time! Last week I walked up to his class instead of picking him up in the carpool line. I was carrying Kaitlyn, so I was a little uncomfortable in the heat, and James would not get up from sitting in line. His teacher, Mrs. Wilhite, was even trying to convince him that he could go and come back next time, but that didn't work either. It finally came down to her picking James up and making him stand up to go with me. Jeepers James.
This month has been exciting at school. His class has been studying colors: blue, red, and yellow. On certain days, the kids get to wear a certain color for a shirt, first was yellow, then the next week it was blue, etc. That is a lot of fun. They also put together a collage of things with that color on it such as stickers or magazine ads, etc.
Nursery rhymes have also been big this month. They have learned about Jack jumping over the candlestick, Humpty Dumpty, and Jack and Jill. So far James has come home with treasures he has made, like a candlestick made out of paper and red saran wrap, and a picture of Humpty Dumpty broken on a brick wall. I'll be excited to see his Jack and Jill activity on Tuesday.
So all in all, I think we're making great progress with school, and I'm thankful that he loves it so much.

1 comment:

Trippi said...

So funny! I feel your pain!
Madey is learning nursery rhymes at school too.