Sunday, February 15, 2009

Aw-rite...

Kaitlyn's new favorite word is "alright". She says it without the "l" sound though, so it's more "aw-rite". One of the funniest times I remember her using this was last week at bed time. She has this slightly irritating way of constantly repeating "MOM?" one after another until I come up to see what she needs while she's in her crib. Literally, "Mom? Mom? Mom? Mom?" (also can be DAD?- ha). Fully annoyed, I went upstairs one night to tell to stop, and I went in and said, "Kaitlyn, now that's enough, you need to go to sleep." and she replied... "alright" and laid down. I nearly fell over in laughter. I also was taken by surprise that she didn't cry when I left. Since then she uses "alright" a ton... do you want breakfast? alright... do you want a drink? alright... you need to eat some asparagus first before you get any more hot dog... alright. :)
She also is attaching the name of the person that she is so politely thanking. "Thank you, Mom." or "Thank you, Dad!" If she looks at me and says, "Thank you Dad!" she immediately fixes her mistake and says, "Thank you, Mom!" However, when she says, "Thank you, Mom!" to James, he fixed it first before she even has a chance by saying to her, "No, I'm JAMES!" then she says, "Thank you, Deem!"
Her favorite ritual now at night is running around naked after her bath. It's so cute to see her tooshie swinging back and forth as she's running through her room and around in the hallway... usually carrying Lovie. That's just one of those cliche things that kids like to do, but it's just do darn cute!
Kaitlyn will be 2 years old one month from today!!!!!!!!! Sheesh.

No comments: