Sunday, March 1, 2009

God tapped me on the shoulder last night.

Nathan and I weren't feeling that great last night, for different reasons, but none-the-less, we were tired and cranky. The kids were both in bed and both awake, but it was Kaitlyn that was a motor mouth. I decided to go up and check on her to see if she had filled her diaper when I noticed that James' door was cracked open. I knew that Nathan had closed it after tucking him into bed... hmmm... suspicious.
I walked in to his room to find James in bed cuddled up at the foot of his bead rather than at the top (not unusual). I casually asked him if he had dirtied his diaper, and gave him a good pat on the bottom to see if his diaper was wet or anything. WHAT? NO DIAPER!
I investigated further and found that he had gone to the bathroom, taken off his diaper to go potty, put his jammy shorts back on and gotten back into bed. All by himself! Good boy James... but you need that diaper!
I asked him why he didn't have his diaper on, and he says, "I just want to try tonight without a diaper on." Awww, what a courageous little boy. I calmly explained to him that his diaper is usually soaked in the morning and if he wanted to try that sometime, nap time would be better than nighttime and that he could still try to "hold it" all night to see if he could keep his diaper dry. He agreed, diaper went on, and off I went back downstairs.
His diaper was like a lead canon ball this morning. Whew. Good call on my part. Ha.

No comments: