Saturday, August 1, 2009

5 Years and Counting!

Nathan and I celebrated our 5th wedding Anniversary yesterday, and we celebrated it in style. We had Mimi, our nanny, come over and spend the night with the kids. So, we left our house yesterday at lunch time and headed over to The Ravenous Pig for lunch and drinks... yes, drinks. I really really really really REALLY (like James says)like their Margarita. It's so tasty... it's expensive, but so worth the money!
I had the pub burger for lunch, with accompanying truffle fries (I'm addicted, totally addicted), and Nathan had an Oyster and Shrimp Po Boy. Oh boy! We also split the deviled eggs for an appetizer, as we both are insanely pleased with the guilty goodness of deviled eggs. ;)
After we left the Pig, actually, after we rolled out of the Pig, we headed to the Millenia Mall for a bit of shopping. I was still enjoying the effects of my margarita so we spent a little too much money... ha. No, actually, we did pretty well. I bought a purse from Kenneth Cole that was marked WAY down, and both of us got some new shoes. They are Ecco shoes, super comfy walking shoes for our trek over in Greece. Nathan got a new t-shirt at Urban Outfitters, and I got some sliver sandals that were on sale that look like they are right out of Mama Mia. Greece, here we come! Now I just need to lose 15 lbs. and buy some hippie dresses.

Did I even blog about that? Yes, we're going to Greece! I can't wait!!!!!! We're going in September and finally have concrete plans. Flying into Athens, departing to Sifnos for 2 days, then to Milos for 2 days, then to Santorini for 3 days, and then back to Athens for the night before we fly home. Ana's gonna kill me for not picking Mykonos, but Nathan and I decided we'd rather see smaller islands and Santorini. Sorry Ana. :(


Anyway, back to our anniversary escapade.... After we left the mall, we headed over to the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes for the night. Holla! :) We changed in some of our airline miles for money credit at the Ritz. So, we spoiled ourselves with a night stay and a couple's massage at the spa, and then some relaxation at the private pool. Oh yeah. It was amazing!!!
The room left little to be desired... full mini bar (which we are still too cheap to use), a single serving coffee maker that actually made good coffee, and the view was of the golf course, pool and patio down below. We also had a veranda, too bad it was raining when we got there.
The bathroom was indulgent, and the travel sized lotion and shower gel, just happened to be the same scent of perfume that I wear. Score! I snatched those up, and then again when they replenished them when we were out of the room. I <3 travel sized things. I don't know why!! I'm such a sucker!
We decided to go to Season's 52 for dinner, so we headed there by "black car" which was pretty dang pricey, it isn't a complimentary service apparently. Humph. Dinner was fabulous... we started out with an artichoke and goat cheese flatbread that I vowed to learn how to make. I had halibut with shrimp risotto and veggies and Nathan had scallops with orzo pasta. We split an Australian bottle of Shiraz, which was awesome, and of course the desserts were great too. They are such teasers though... they don't even ASK you if you want to see the desserts, they just bring them over to you, set them in front of you and watch you drool to the point where you can't possibly say no anymore. I picked the chocolate and peanut butter one (duh) and Nathan picked the carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.
We taxi'd it over to Howl at the Moon on International Drive. Nathan had been to one of these bars in Tampa (I think he said Tampa), so he thought we'd have fun there. We did... maybe too much. Oh well. I know for SURE we didn't have as much fun as the very large girls who were sitting next to us celebrating one of the girl's birthday's and wearing those horrible birthday hats. YIKES. Ha ha ha.
This morning we enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant and then headed over to our massage. That was awesome. It was literally the largest spa I've ever seen. They probably employ at least 20 massage therapists. The pool time that we had in the afternoon was fabulous too, very quiet, very relaxing, very kid-less. :)
We got home a few hours ago, and everything here at the house is in great shape, except for the garage door. Somehow the spring broke and it wasn't opening. We thought Mimi's car was going to be stuck in the garage, but He Man (aka Nathan) got the door open and we got the cars out. Now, though, he's lying in bed with an ice pack on his sore back. Sigh... so much for that massage. Oh well, it was the day that was wonderful, not just the massage.
Happy Anniversary, Nathan. Love you tons.

No comments: