Friday, November 12, 2010

Don't trust this one

Nathan's Story:

So Kaitlyn is a little con artist. Unfortunately, she can get away with it.

I was doing laundry, folding sheets, and she had gotten into the Halloween candy. She brings over a full size bag of M&Ms and tells me, "Daddy, you haven't had any candy for a while. You should eat these."

I knew full well where she was going with this, but I decided to let it play out. I finished folding the sheets and went to sit on the couch. I proceeded to open the bag and eat a few M&Ms, all while Kaitlyn watched.

"Aren't those good? Those are M&Ms. They are really chocolatey." (really, she said chocolatey)

"Yes, Kaitlyn, they are good." I said. "I like M&Ms."

"I like M&Ms too!" she says.

I let a little time pass, eat a few more pieces.

"Yep, I really like M&Ms," she says. And this is what I was expecting for a while now. "Wanna share?"

And would you say no?

No comments: