Sunday, December 12, 2010

That Tooth Fairy can be just plain tricky!

This morning I woke up to hearing James cry out, "The Tooth Fairy didn't leave me anything! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" He was CRYING!
I told Nathan that James was crying so he hopped out of bed to go investigate.
This is the conversation I heard over the monitor (given my sleepiness and difficulty waking up this morning, this is not verbatim. ;) )
Nathan, "What's wrong, buddy?"
"The Tooth Fairy didn't leave me ANYYYYTHIIIIIING!" James cried out.
"Well, let's look around," said Nathan.
They ended up finding the tin box that the tooth had been in under James' bed. My guess is that after the Tooth Fairy had put the money in the tin, someone's lashing around in bed may have caused it to fall off of the bed and roll under it. JUST a GUESS now, right?
So Nathan found it and let James open it. I heard a child-sized high pitch gasp. There it is!
"Two dollars!" James said and then, "Why isn't there five dollars in there? It's my first time!"

Oh for goodness' sake. How much are these parents paying their kids for teeth now? He has to lose 19 more! Sigh. I just wanted to put one dollar in there, Nathan convinced me to do two! :)

Nathan and I were a bit worried about what his friends were gonna be saying how much they got... and apparently we weren't thinking high enough. I might need to set up a separate Tooth Fairy bank account. Sigh.

No comments: