Friday, February 11, 2011

First Tee ball practice

Gasp. I've really been bad about blogging.

Tonight is James' first Tee ball practice. Is it Tee ball or T ball? Well whatever. You know what I'm talking about.

Nathan and I decided it would be good for him to do a team sport. We stopped taking him to karate in the fall when I had mono, and when I asked him if he wanted to go, he'd say no. After a break for a while, he was actually interested in going back, but we are opting for a team sport this time.

Backing up a bit to a few weeks ago.... Nathan and I were going to ask James together if he wanted to go register for the league this year. That plan changed one day when James was being very theatrical in the kitchen one day. He was singing to me instead of talking and using very LARGE arm movements to accent his voice. Yes, Mom, I know, maybe we FINALLY have a singer to follow your footsteps.

So at that point, in the kitchen, I asked him, "James? Do you want to be in theater? Do you want to act on a stage in a performance?"

He looked at me with a confused expression.

"Do you want to act? Do you know what I mean?" I kept going.

"No, I don't understand." He responded.

"James, would you like to play Tee ball?"

"YEEEEAAAAAAH!" He screeched.

Whew. Sorry Mom.

So now he's at his first Tee ball practice with Daddy. :)

No comments: