Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mommy Kaitlyn

This morning it was my turn to get up with the kids. My body got out of bed, but my mind wasn't really there yet. I suggested to them that they keep playing while I slept longer in Kaitlyn's bed.

Kaitlyn was proud to see that Mommy had chosen her bed to lay down in (that was where they were playing), and decided to mother me.

"Lie down, Mommy, and I'll cover you up, okay?" She instructed.
"Okay sweetie," I replied. "Can I cuddle with Lovie?"
"Sure!"

I laid down on my side, facing the wall. She covered me up, first with the sheet and then with the quilt and patted me on the side of my ribcage in the slightest, sweetest way.

She left my bedside and went on to create completely loud ruckus with James trying to build the alphabet squares squishy pad.

One more minute passed and she came back to me, patting me again, "Mommy, I'm going to get you another pet," she said in her soft mommy-like voice.
"Here is another pet, Mommy." She handed me her pink bear.

She went back to playing with James.

One more minute passed and she came back to me, patting me again, "Mommy, I'm going to turn the light off for you," again in her soft mommy voice. I've created a mini-me and I LOVE IT.

This continued for about five more minutes and I never did fall back asleep. I ended up having James beg me to go downstairs to eat breakfast and Kaitlyn needed my help at the potty. Turns out I still am the Mommy after all.

No comments: