Monday, December 1, 2008

Grandma Lois Casey

I got this email from my mom today, on the anniversary of my Grandmother's death. I think it is important to include in the blog, especially to keep the memory of this wonderful woman alive in our hearts.

Hi dears,

Today is the anniversary of my mom's death. Can you believe it's been a whole year? I keep thinking of this day last year, how my brothers, my sisters-in-law and I were all around her bed, talking to her, even tho we were not sure she could hear us, and how good the nurses were about coming in and turning her, changing her sheets, treating her with such care and dignity. It was during one of these times that we all stepped out of the room,the guys went to check a football score in the lunch room and Sharon and I were visiting right outside Mom's door. The nurse from hospice was standing in the doorway, and gently told us that mom had not taken another breath for about 30 seconds. So we all came back to her bedside and she never did take another breath. And so her life ended here on earth, but the love she left behind still is with us and within us. She was a dear.

And you all are dear to me. Love, MOM

Grandma Lois Casey, Kathy and James



Grandma, Kathy and Kaitlyn






Four generations.

No comments: