Monday, July 21, 2008

Kaitlyn says, "WHOA!"

Kaitlyn makes us giggle with her funny sense of humor. Last night we were having scrambled eggs and toast for dinner, and if you've read before, Kaitlyn isn't very keen on scrambled eggs. She has proved to me that she eats them, but only if she's in the mood. Last night she was attacking her toast with peanut butter, but leaving the eggs alone. Hmmm, what about ketchup? I asked her, "Kaitlyn, do you want ketchup to dip dip?" She grinned so hugely that I got it right away.
As soon as I squirted some on her tray, she says, "WHOOAAA! Whoa!" Like it was the coolest thing she's ever seen! It was so funny! I ended up putting more ketchup on her tray two more times, and each time, the same WHOA! :)
She has also done this when I break out the red grapes and watermelon for "dessert". Both of my kids love their fruit!
Kaitlyn has also been using a fork and spoon for about a week now. She really does better with a fork, since it doesn't matter which way it is flipped, it'll still get the job done. Marilyn and I were laughing in Iowa because you could put anything down in front of Kaitlyn and she'd eat it if she could stab it with the fork. Even broccoli! She's never been a fan, but if you give her a fork, she eats it! She likes it! She likes it! :)

No comments: