Monday, December 8, 2008

Settle down!

Last night we went over to my parents for home-made pizza and salad. Mmmm. The kids are still recovering from ear infections and other issues, so they weren't looking like their normal happy selves (little dark around the eyes).
James and Kaitlyn were playing in the kids' room while Grandma and I were talking. Mom asked me how old Harrison was now, and I said 4, and we talked about how time just seems to fly by. When James heard that I said Harrison was 4, he piped up... "He's 3!" I had to tell him that Harrison had just had a birthday last week, and now he is 4. Mom and I started talking again about how "Harrison is only 7 months older than James and soon James will be three and a half! ... and then pretty soon he'd be 4! My baby is going to be FOUR!" I got so excited. Mom was laughing and chiming in with me and all of a sudden James says while smiling and laughing, "Settle down! Settle down Mom and Grandma!" We just laughed, and laughed and laughed.

1 comment:

Beth said...

LOL - just this morning Harrison told me how big he was getting. He was 4 now and pretty soon he would be (counting fingers) FIVE! I had to tell him to "slow down. Let's enjoy 4 for a little while!" Goodness. :)